Name: Corcoran Brewing Company
Address: 205 Hirst Rd. Suite 105 Purcelville, VA
Type: Brewpub with limited local distribution
Year Founded: 2011
General Description: Corcoran Brewing Company is the brainchild of brewmaster Kevin Bills and the newest addition to the Corcoran brand, which began in 2002 with a vineyard. The brewhouse is a 10-barrel system where they offer pint and growler sales and invite you to bring your (leashed) furry friends while you enjoy a pint. This year they began bottling and have expanded into the local restaurant market. Most of their beers are in the 5-7% ABV range and they use local ingredients where possible, including pumpkins from Great County Farms in Bluemont and honey from a local grower in Hamilton. Most of Corcoran's beers are named after local towns, landmarks and historical figures.
- LoCo (American IPA / 7.2%) - This West Coast style IPA uses six different varieties of hops and has been a fan-favorite since they opened.
- Jeb Stuart Stout (Imperial Stout / 9%) - The name of this strong stout reflects the strong connection Corcoran feels to its Northern Virginia home. Jeb Stuart was a General in the Confederate Army in Northern Virginia who played a role in their loss at Gettysburg.
- Padawan Pumpkin (Seasonal Spiced Ale / 6%)
- Oatlands (Oatmeal Ginger Stout / 6%) - The fresh addition of ginger to an unlikely style makes for an interesting combination.
- Catoctin Ale (English Pale Ale / 5.5%) - A nuanced take on a classic style. This edition is balanced and clean.
Growler Hours: Growlers available whenever the brewpub is open: Wednesday & Thursday 3-10p; Friday & Saturday 12-10p; Sunday 12-6p