Name: Heritage Brewing Company
Address: 9436 Center Point Lane, Manassas, VA
Type: Producton brewery
General Description: Veteran owned and operated, Heritage Brewing bills itself as a “uniquely American” brewery. 100% of its ingredients are American, and 92% are organic or locally sourced. Sustainability is also a key aim for this brewing company. With beers like “Freedom Isn’t Free IPA” and “Revolution Amber Ale,” this is one beer experience that will definitely leave you feeling patriotic. Be sure to check out the tap room where they have live music and events and offer up experimental and oak casked offerings that may not be widely available. Pro-tip, their website also offers a great step-by-step primer on the brewing process.
Year Founded: 2013
- Freedom Isn’t Free IPA (6%) - Intensely hoppy at 73 IBUs but just 6% ABV, this beer is generously hopped with Summit, Cascade, and, of course, Liberty hops
- King’s Mountain (Scotch Ale / 7.4%) - A rich, malty tribute to a Revolutionary War battle in which Scot-Patriots triumped over Scot-loyalists.
- American Expedition (Wheat Ale with Honey and Ginger / 4.5%) - Crisp and refreshing spice notes are an adventurous homage to the Lewis and Clark expedition.
- Revolution (Amber Ale with Fresh Oranges / 5.6%) - Caramel, citrus, and rye come together in a beer with a very strong malt backbone but enough bitterness to keep things interesting.
- The Teddy (American Pale Ale / 5.4%) - Named after Teddy Roosevelt, this “east coast pale ale” was one of Heritage’s first recipes and offers a hoppy rendition of a normally balanced style.
- Ironsides (Session IPA / 4.8%) - All Cascade session brew packing a high (for the gravity) 50 IBUs. Named after the famous ship from the War of 1812.
- Bradford (Pumpkin Ale / 5.6%) - Although at first glance this is a pretty standard pumpkin beer, the addition of cinnamon sticks infused with Catoctin Creek rye whiskey sets it apart.
Growler Hours: Thursday and Friday 5-9pm, Saturday 12-9pm, Sunday 12-6pm
Tours?: Saturdays, 12pm and 1pm. $5 tour includes a flight of flagship beers