ChurchKey held a raucous evening of deliriously dark brews back in February of this year, and Neighborhood Restaurant Group Beer Director Greg Engert has been recently busy collecting more of these ales for a second installment of the event.
With the weather turning once again (here's to a blizzard sometime soon), and a holiday weekend upcoming, ChurchKey is letting all these dark
cats ales out of the bag.
On Monday, November 19, darkness once again descends on ChurchKey.
This will be an eventful evening with no fewer than 20 scarce selections on hand. Starting at 6pm, taste some fresh kegs of Great Lakes Christmas Ale and Great Lakes Blackout Stout, four different roasty treats from De Molen (including the uber-rare Kopi Loewak, an Imperial Stout brewed w/ Vietnamese Civet cat coffee) [Ed. Note - dry-hopped with something that came out of an animal, BOOYAH], Norwegian strong ales (like Nogne-O and Terrapin Imperial Rye Porter and Ægir Natt Imperial Porter), 2012 Goose Island Bourbon County Stout, Finnish specialties from Huvila (X-Porter!), Ballast Point Indra Kunindra (with madras curry, caynne pepper, cumin, toasted coconut, and kaffir lime leaf), and some tasties (a technical term) from Denmark (Djævlebryg Pride of Nekron and Mikkeller Beer Hop Breakfast)!
There is no admission for this event and all Ales from the Dark Side will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours.
The Ales from the Dark Side: Volume Two Draft List:
- Great Lakes Christmas Ale
- Great Lakes Blackout Stout
- De Molen Kopi Loewak
- De Molen Hel & Verdoemenis
- De Molen Hemel & Aarde
- De Molen Cease & Desist Imperial Stout
- Ballast Point Indra Kunindra
- Nogne-O & Terrapin Imperial Rye Porter
- Ægir Natt Imperial Porter
- Goose Island Bourbon County Stout
- Huvila X-Porter
- Huvila Artic Circle
- Djævlebryg Pride of Nekron
- Mikkeller Beer Hop Breakfast
- Sierra Nevada Narwhal Imperial Stout
- Freigeist Hoppeditz
- High & Mighty Fumata Nera
- Trois Mousquestaires Porter Baltique
- Haandbryggeriet Dark Force Stout
- Epic Big Bad Baptist