As you've probably surmised from our blog name, we usually only post events in the DC metropolitan area. Baltimore, while close, doesn't usually get counted into that. However, sometimes events come along that we want to pass on to our readers because they're just that great and worth the trip north. Hell, I guess if we saw an event in Indiana we could put that up, too. Caveat em, I guess, folks.
Anyway, Max's Taphouse in Baltimore, is a legend. Amazing draft and bottle lists, solid beer program, delicious food, etc. Throughout the year they host themed festivals dedicated to certain countries' beers. Italian beer, German beer, etc., but the big fish is the Belgian beer fest, which is just an epic experience. And not epic in the way the burrito you ate this morning was epic. Epic like Odysseus actually comes to these things, drinks all the Cantillon, and then goes back to fighting Scylla and Charybdis. This year, the festival runs from February 15-18 and each day Max's will open at 11am and go until closing (times vary).
There's no entrance fee to the fest, but you might think there could be. Think about it. Over the course of the festival, over 200 draft beers and over 200 bottles along with a full Belgian-inspired menu. The fourth day of the festival is new this year. It's being billed as Wild and Sour Day (Monday, February 18) and will feature 20 bottles and 20 drafts of American sour beers.
Interested? We thought you might be. Here's hotel info, preliminary beer list will follow.
Admiral Fell Inn
1 block from Max’s - $149 per night , free parking, $25 gift card towards next stay, discount on Belgian Fest t shirt 2013.
LINK TO RESERVE A ROOM: https://gc.synxis.com/rez.
Courtyard by Marriot Inner Harbor East
Guests will call the hotel directly at 800-321-2211 or 443-923-4000 on or before January 15, 2013 to reserve rooms. Ask for the Belgian Beer Fest Group staying at Baltimore Downtown Courtyard. The room rate is $119 per night.
Online at marriott.com/bwidt, under "Special Rates & Awards," guests can use the group code BBFBBFA for rooms with king bed and BBFBBFB for rooms with 2 double beds.
Now for the beer list. This is 30 percent complete. just this 30 percent has a treasure trove. Check it out!
- Alvinne Melchior
- Alvinne Melchior Zymatore in Bourbon barrels
- Alvinne Undressed Regular
- Alvinne Undressed Aged on oak
- Blaugies Darbyste
- Blaugies la Moneuse
- Blaugies La Moneuse Special Winter
- Blaugies Saison De Epeautre
- Cazeau Saison
- De Dochter Belle Fleur
- De Dochter Embrasse
- De Dochter Embrasse Peat Whiskey
- De Dolle Arabier
- De Dolle Dulle Teve
- De La Senne Band of Brothers
- De Ranke Guldenberg
- De Proef KO
- De Ranke Pere Noel
- De Ranke Saison De Dottignies
- De Ranke XX Bitter
- Geants Noel De Geants
- Het Nest Hertenheer
- Het Nest Schuppenboer
- Hof Ten Dormaal BA Project Armagnac
- Hof Ten Dormaal BA Project Cognac
- Hof Ten Dormaal BA Project Jenever
- Hof Ten Dormaal ba Project Maderia
- Hof Ten Dormaal BA Project Port
- Hof Ten Dormaal BA Project Sauternes
- Hof Ten Dormaal BA Project Sherry
- Hof Ten Dormaal Dark
- Hof Ten Dormaal White Gold
- Hofbrouwerij Hoftrol
- Hofbrouwerij Hofblues
- Jandrian Jandrenouille V Cense
- Jandrian Jandrenouille VI Wheat
- Kerkom Bink Bloesom
- Kerkom Bink Triple
- Sainte Helene Black Mamba
- Sainte Helene Simcoe Lager
- Sainte Helene la Grognarde
- Serafijn De Liter van Palietr
- Smisje Catherine The Great
- Smisje Wostyntje
- De Struise Ignis & Flamma
- De Struise Rossa
- De Struise Witte
- De Struise Svea IPA
- De Struise Tjseeses
- De Struise X
- De Struise XX
- De Struise XXX Rye Triple
- T Gaverhopke Singing Blonde
- Tilquin Gueuze
- Timmermans Pumpkin lambicus
- Musketeers Troubadour Magma
- Musketeers Westkust
- Van Eecke Popering Hommel
- Van Eecke Popering Hommel Dry Hopped
- Vapeur Saison De Pipaix
- Viven Smoked Porter
- Viven Imperial IPA
- Viven Blonde
- Contreras Valier Extra
- Cazeau Tournay Black
- Cazeau Tournay Triple
We will update this page as we hear about more beers, etc. Go for it. Great experience outside of the DC area! Cheers!
Photo courtesy of beerinbaltimore.blogspot.com (a great resource for Baltimore beers!)