Ed. Note: No, this isn't a beer event, but it's for such a great cause and such an impressive community effort that I'm making an exception. Don't worry, this ain't going to become DCWine any time soon.
From an email:
The Beau Thai and BKK Thai Cookshop Team along wih Rappahannock Oyster Bar have organized a competition between 13 stellar D.C. restaurants taking place all of July called the "War of the Rosés." All participating restaurants have agreed to donate 10% of their rosé sales this July to charity: 5% to the charity they designate and 5% to the charity designated by the restaurant that sells the most rosé.
Participating restaurants and causes include:
- Beau Thai Shaw (representing SMYAL)
- Beau Thai Mt Pleasant (representing AYUDA)
- BKK Thai Cookshop (representing DC Central Kitchen)
- Bidwell (representing KIPP DC)
- Buffalo & Bergen (representing New Endeavors by Women)
- Columbia Room (representing Chefs for Puerto Rico)
- Estadio (representing C-Cap)
- La Jambe (representing My Sister's Place)
- Purple Patch (representing Friendship Place)
- Primrose (representing The Diverse City Fund)
- Pear Plum Cafe (representing DC Greens)
- Rappahannock Oyster Bar (representing NAMI DC),
- RASA (representing The Campus Kitchens Project).