Join us Saturday, October 21st as we celebrate our 20th anniversary with an old-fashioned block party. From 12 to 6 PM, we’re shutting down the street, firing up the grill, and tapping 11 different beers from our friends at Bluejacket. This will be the very first time that Bluejacket beers will be available in Alexandria, VA, and we could not be more excited about it!
Headlining the list is The Ave., a special anniversary beer brewed in honor of this momentous milestone. Inspired by Bell’s Two Hearted Ale, one of Evening Star Cafe’s all-time favorite beers, The Ave. is a juicy, intensely aromatic IPA brewed and double-dry hopped with Centennial hops. This will be the very first time this brand new beer has been served anywhere, including at the brewery!
Not to be outdone, Executive Chef Keith Cabot will be whipping up all your backyard favorites, including pulled pork sandwiches, Red Apron hot dogs, barbecue chicken, and all the fixings!
There is no admission fee for this event. All Bluejacket drafts will be priced individually in 16 oz. pours. Food will be available for purchase a-la-carte.
THE OFFICIAL EVENING STAR 20TH ANNIVERSARY BLOCK PARTY LIST
- The Ave (IPA w/ Centennial Hops; Brewed for Evening Star's 20th Anniversary!)
- For The Company (Helles Lager)
- Forbidden Planet (Kölsch w/ Galaxy Hops)
- Full Fathom Five (Double IPA w/ Citra & Galaxy Hops)
- Goldfinch (Belgian Blond Ale)
- Kelsey & Greg's Wedding Ale 2017 (Sour Blond Ale w/ Peaches & Apricots)
- Lost Weekend (IPA w/ Citra Hops)
- Mexican Radio (Sweet Stout w/ Spices)
- Turning Road (IPA w/ Mosaic Hops)
- Slingshot (Pale Lager w/ Hallertau Blanc Hops)
- The Palace at 4 AM (Sweet Stout w/ Coffee)