Interesting concept, this is like Kickstarter, only for events. Info on an event to benefit the Celiac Disease Foundation. The event takes place on October 5 from 6-10pm at Tabula Rasa on Barracks Row. Tickets include admission, unlimited drinks, and appetizers and sweets. From the event page:
***IMPORTANT: We are crowdfunding the event, meaning that you can buy your ticket risk free! You will only get charged if we reach our funding minimum, if not there will be no charge on your card.***
Gluten Free Biergarden
(All ages welcome, 21+ to drink, we will have wrist bands! Children must have a ticket too)
*All proceeds from this event will go to the Celiac Disease Foundation.*
Our event is going to be a great time with Ridgewells Catering providing a slew of gluten free/dairy free delectables:
- Artichokes With Sun-dried Tomato Tapenade: Marinated Artichokes, Piped With Sun-dried Tomato Tapenade.
- Mediterranean Skewer Station: Grilled Chorizo, Spiced Shrimp And Lemon Oregano Chicken With Mustard-Garlic, Italian Parsley Aioli And Sun-Dried Tomato Aioli
- Grilled Vegetable Rollers: Fresh Vegetables, Guacamole And Black Bean Spread Cut Into Pinwheel Rollers Rolled In A Gluten Free Wrap
- Tomato And Mozzarella Speidinis: Fresh Buffalo Mozzarella, Tomato And Fresh Basil Sprinkled With Balsamic Vinegar
- Proscuitto Wrapped Dates With Goat Cheese
As well as Dough (DC's new and only gluten free bakery) providing some tasty treats:
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes
The following beer & cider vendors are sponsoring our event:
- Woodchuck Cider
- Magner's Cider
- New Planet Beer
- Bard's Beer
- Dogfish Head
Jules from Jules Gluten Free will be at our event to speak with everyone about living gluten free and to share her expertise!
Your ticket covers entrance to the event, grants you unlimited pours of beer, cider, and access to all the food! Jean-Philippe, a DC native, will be DJing some lounge beats for the evening as well.
So come out and party gluten free for a good cause!