Bar Pilar (www.barpilar.com) is partnering with Baltimore’s Charm City Meadworks for a special dinner on Tuesday, October 17th at the restaurant on 14th Street NW. Executive Chef Jesse Miller will pair five gluten free dishes with a selection of Charm City’s meads for ($50 plus fees).
- Amuse-Bouche with Strawberry Ginger Mead - Coconut Braised Pork Jowl, Angelica Root, Burnt Cinnamon
- Course 1 with Wildflower Mead - Spanish Goat Cheese, Spiced Lavender and Maple Blueberries, "Crackers"
- Course 2 with Mango Comapeno Mead - Fluke Ceviche, Coconut Water, Malanga, Cilantro
- Course 3 with Basil Lemongrass Mead - Charred Cobia Collar, Lemongrass Ponzu, Corriander Coconut Rice
- Course 4 with Elderberry Mead - Grilled Wild Boar, Green Apple, Port Wine Foie Mousse
The dinner begins at 7pm. Must be 21+ to enjoy the pairings. Reserve your spot in advance via Eventbrite at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/gluten-free-tasting-dinner-with-charm-city-.... A portion of the event’s proceeds will go towards Hurricane Irma relief efforts.