Join Rocket Frog and DCBeer.com at Meridian Pint on Thursday, December 6 for the release of Snark Infested Waters, a schwarzbier and the first beer the local beer news and events website has collaborated on its nearly 10-year history. Sterling, Virginia's Rocket Frog opened in May and has already, impressively, picked up a GABF Medal for Wallops Islander, their American Brown Ale. Meridian Pint, the Columbia Heights restaurant and bar notable for discovering and promoting up-and-coming DC area breweries, will also showcase eight other beers from Rocket Frog.
Rocket Frog co-owners Richard and David Hartogs, DCBeer co-editor Bill DeBaun, and other beer fans will meet at 5pm to debut Snark Infested Waters, a schwarzbier weighing in at 5.1%. The beer promises to be eminently refreshing while featuring chocolate and roasted malt notes perfect for taking the chill off a Washington winter. Its namesake is DCBeer.com's, um, "celebrated" knack for poking fun at beer and brewery culture.
"Do you get the name? It's a pun on 'shark-infested waters,' and in this case we're the sharks and all these jokers crushing 'quadruple dry-hopped triple IPAs with Brettanomyces, lactose, strawberry powder, and Vietnamese cinnamon and finished in Bordeaux barrels that once held Frank's Hot Sauce, $28/4-pack, 2 case limit per person, please don't park in the Persian rug outlet like you all did last time' are the people we 'eat' with our snark. It's an extended metaphor. Just go with it," explains DeBaun.
"Partnering with DCBeer seemed like a good idea at the time," noted Richard Hartogs after reading an early draft of this release.
The rest of the Snark Infested Waters and Rocket Frog Showcase tap list looks like this:
- Snark Infested Waters (Schwarzbier / Collaboration with DCBeer.com
- Angry Angry Alice (Double dry-hopped IPA with Citra, Mosaic, and Simcoe pellets and LupulN2 powder) - 8.8%
- Wallops Island (American Brown Ale, 2018 GABF Bronze Medal) - 5.3%
- Silversun IPA (Double dry-hopped IPA with Mosaic and Amarillo) 7.2%
- Kai Gose to the Beach (Gose) - 4.7%
- Best Buddy (Milk Stout on Nitro) - 5.3%
- Udvar 2.0 (Hazy IPA) - 7%
- Helleanor (Helles Lager) - 5.3%
- Yellow Dart (Gluten-Reduced American IPA) - 6.3%
Beers will be available a la carte and priced in full pours and 4oz samples.