Full disclosure: A DCBeer editor is employed by Scion Dupont and will be behind the bar for this event.
Head to Scion Dupont tonight, Tuesday, October 22 for an impromptu Sixpoint tap takeover. The folks from Brooklyn will be there along with a trunk full of one-off draft stuff that they are bringing with them. During happy hour from 5-7p, all Sixpoint beers will be $3. For the rest of the night, they will be $5.
Here's the draft lineup:
- Killer Crisp – the BeerAdvocate brothers teamed up with Sixpoint to make an imperial version of Sixpoint’s amazing riff on Pilsner, The Crisp. More malt, more hops, more abv, more crisp!
- Incredible Mild – made from the runnings of Olde Redhook Barleywine, this dry, delicate, full-bodied, low-abv beer with a perfect balance between sweet malt and English hops is meant to be drunk by the pint.
- John Dory Oyster Stout – typically only sold at John Dory Oyster Bar in New York City, this rich stout has flavors of cocoa, roast and espresso blended seamlessly with a hint of salinity from Oyster shells added to the brew kettle.
- Signal IPA – Rauchbier (smoked beer)/IPA hybrid. Taste it to believe!
- Atlantic Antic Amber – a mildly hoppy amber brewed by Sixpoint for one of New York’s biggest street festivals, the Atlantic Antic Festival.
- Brownstone – a Sixpoint original. Mildly hoppy brown ale. Delicious.
- Spice of Life Ahtanum – a single-hopped beer with the low-yielding Ahtanum hops which are gentle, floral, spicy, mildly piney and grapefruity.
- Mad Scientist #16: Lichtenhainer – Resurrected from almost-dead by Sixpoint’s German-born brewmaster Jan, Lichtenhainer is a sour smoked ale. Reminiscent of Gratzer, or sort of like a smoked Berliner-Weisse. Smoky nose with a sour taste. Another one that must be tasted to be believed!
Also available in 16oz. cans:
- Bengali Tiger IPA
2100 P Street NW
Washington, DCUnited States
Tuesday, October 22, 2013 -
5:00pm to 11:00pm