3 Stars Brewing Company will look to close out 2019 strong as it hosts its 7th Annual Holiday Party and re-opens the membership window for its Illuminati and Funkerdome Reserve Societies. The former will take place on Sunday, December 9 from 1-6pm at the brewery (6400 Chillum Place NW) while it’s possible right this very moment to sign up for the two beer societies.
Anyone who has paying any amount of attention knows the story with the Holiday Extravaganza. There’s beer (both 3 Stars’ own and guest taps). There’s food. There are other vendors. There’s DC’s original knucklehead, brewery co-founder Dave Coleman, dressed as Santa. The event description promises, “Also joining the festivities will be food trucks, DJs, live performances, face painting, photo booth, games and more.” There’s a two-tier ticket structure. $10 general admission gets you entry at 1pm, your first beer, and a glass. The $50 VIP ticket offers entry an hour earlier at 12pm, four additional drink tickets, a special limited release beer, and a custom glass.
The listing also suggests there will be “a few surprises,” our money and our hope is on a reindeer drinking contest. Fun fact: they can’t handle Nelson Sauvin hops.
3 Stars was the first area brewery to offer a reserve society when it introduced the Illuminati in 2015. Since then it has bifurcated the reserve societies to focus on the original (primarily clean-fermented barrel-aged beers) and the newer Funkerdome, which offers mixed-fermentation offerings from the namesake Funkerdome space of the brewery.
Both memberships include:
- Five limited production releases throughout the course of 2019. These releases are packaged in 750mL bottles, and each member receives one bottle at the time of the release. Any additionally packaged product will be available for purchase at the end of the year once all memberships have been fulfilled.
- 10% discount on all purchases in the taproom and DC Homebrew Shop
- 10% discount on special events and specialty releases
- Exclusive Member’s Only Welcome Party Kickoff at the Brewery in early 2019
- Early access to special event tickets and specialty releases.
- Special “Holiday Happy Hour” with exclusive taps and rare picks from our cellar.
- All discounts and benefits are active 1/1/2019-12/31/2019
Both societies are priced at $110 plus processing fees.
FAQs are available on either page.