Searching for Suds with NRG
Long-time readers of this site might remember the District Beer Hunt event that we co-hosted with the J Street Beer Blog (RIP) in 2011 and 2012. During DC Beer Week 2015, we brought something similar back with a Dupont Circle Beer Scavenger Hunt. Now the Neighborhood Restaurant Group is jumping into the scavenger hunt arena with its first “DC Easter Keg Hunt.”
The event will take place April 11-14 at ChurchKey, Bluejacket, The Sovereign and The Partisan, which gives beer fans a fair bit of geography to cover within the District. Starting on Thursday, April 11, pick up your official Easter Keg Hunt scorecard at any of the participating locations. Each location will have a different clue hinting at a special beer on the draft list.
Those who find each of the four secret beers by Sunday, April 14, will win a limited-edition DC Easter Keg Hunt 2019 hooded sweatshirt and be automatically entered into a drawing for one of the five grand prizes:
- Belgian beer tasting for four (4) people at The Sovereign w/ Greg Engert, NRG Beer Director
- Private brewery tour & tasting for (4) people at Bluejacket w/ Ro Guenzel, Director of Brewery Operations
- “Shared Supper” beer & food experience for two (2) people at Birch & Barley/ChurchKey
- A one (1) month subscription to Red Apron’s “Biggie” Butcher’s Box
- Four (4) VIP tickets to the beastliest beer festival of the year — Snallygaster 2019
Not enough for you to be entered into a random drawing? What are you, the kind of person who tries to cheat in casinos? You know that stuff will get you bounced right? Anyway, this isn’t a casino, so NRG is putting in some ways for you to increase your odds of winning a grand prize package.
Easter Keg Hunt Bonus Points
Completing each of the following tasks will earn you an extra scorecard stamp, each of which improves your chances of winning a grand prize:
- Solve a more difficult clue to find the “bonus” beer at each location.
- Dressing up in costume.
- Find the special “Easter Kegs” hidden at each location.
- Tag any participating location on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter with the hashtag #DCEasterKegHunt.
- Show NRG your receipts when turning in your scorecard. They’ll give you up to four extra stamps for every $25 spent over $50 during the event. ($50, $75, $100, $125)
There are rules associated with this because we live in a civil society and rules are important. Also, speaking from experience, people always try to find a way to mess things up during events like this (and sometimes they succeed). Please don’t be the reason we can’t have nice things and follow these:
- Official scorecards can be picked up at any participating location
- Participants must order a full sized pour of the secret Easter Keg Hunt beers to receive a stamp
- Completed scorecards must be turned in at ChurchKey
- All sweatshirts must be picked up at ChurchKey
- Completed scorecards must be turned in by Sunday, April 14th, 2019 to win a prize
- Grand prize package winners will be contacted via e-mail and announced on social media the week of April 15th, 2019.
- Please drink responsibly. This is not a race. There is no prize for finishing first.
Good luck, beer hunters, and have fun!