- This event has passed.
The Official Founders KBS 2019 DC Release Party
March 15 @ 4:00 pm - 11:30 pm
Join ChurchKey on Friday, March 15th as we host the official DC release of the inimitable Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout! On this night, we will feature 20 beers from Founders Brewing Co., including a 5-year vertical of KBS!
One of our very favorite releases of the year, KBS is brewed with a massive amount of coffee and chocolate, then cave-aged in oak Bourbon barrels for an entire year until it is absolutely perfect. An ideal candidate for aging, we will pour the last five KBS releases, dating back to 2015.
And to further celebrate the occasion, we dove deep into our cellar to select 9 very special vintage beers, each of which will be poured by the glass. Notables include CBS 2018, Backwoods Bastard 2014 and Sweet Repute 2013.
There is no admission fee for this event. All Founders drafts will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours. All Founders bottles will be available in 4 oz. tasting pours.
THE OFFICIAL FOUNDERS KBS 2019 DC RELEASE PARTY LIST
– All Day IPA (Session IPA; Draft)
– Azacca IPA (IPA w/ Azacca Hops; Draft)
– Backwoods Bastard 2014 (Bourbon BA Scotch Ale; BTL Pour)
– Backwoods Bastard 2019 (Bourbon BA Scotch Ale; Draft)
– Blushing Monk (Fruit Beer w/ Raspberry; Draft)
– Breakfast Stout (Imperial Oatmeal Stout w/ Coffee & Chocolate; Draft)
– CBS 2018 (Maple-Bourbon BA Imperial Stout w/ Coffee & Chocolate; BTL Pour)
– Centennial IPA (IPA w/ Centennial Hops; Draft)
– Curmudgeon 2015 (English Strong Ale; BTL Pour)
– Curmudgeon’s Better Half (Maple-Bourbon BA Strong Ale; Draft)
– Imperial Stout 2013 (Imperial Stout; BTL Pour)
– KBS 2015 (Bourbon BA Imperial Stout w/ Coffee & Chocolate; BTL Pour)
– KBS 2016 (Bourbon BA Imperial Stout w/ Coffee & Chocolate BTL Pour
– KBS 2017 (Bourbon BA Imperial Stout w/ Coffee & Chocolate; BTL Pour)
– KBS 2018 (Bourbon BA Imperial Stout w/ Coffee & Chocolate; BTL Pour)
– KBS 2019 (Bourbon BA Imperial Stout w/ Coffee & Chocolate; Draft)
– Lizard of Koz 2016 (Bourbon BA Imperial Stout w/ Blueberry, Chocolate & Vanilla; Draft)
– Porter (Porter; Draft)
– Solid Gold (Premium Lager; Draft)
– Sweet Repute 2013 (Maple-Bourbon BA Wheatwine; BTL Pour)